Tuesday 6 August 2013

Dry Cat Food

 photo IMGa_6475_resize_zps323c13dd.jpg 
The first dry cat food that we bought for Kusky was Royal Canin. He consumed RC brand for quite sometimes, from RC for kittens to a few RC adult cat formulas. 

It's hard to find premium cat food in Melaka. I have been trying very hard to look for greater cat food for my furry kids. I read articles saying that cats shouldn't take too much of grain products, protein should be their natural diet. Most dry cat food that we could find on the shelves contain grains, corns and other form of  carbohydrates. In long run, too much of carbohydrates may cause obesity, diabetes & other health problems to cats.

After reading some articles and forums, I decided to find high protein + free grain food for my cats. EVO was the first choice of brand. Unfortunately I found an announcement from EVO official website regarding product call back due to  contagious of salmonella disease. I returned a 7kg pack EVO dry food to the seller and exchange it with another brand - Orijen. Suprisingly Kusky and Kurimu love Orijen so much! Currently I am feeding them the 2nd pack of 6.8kg Orijen and occasionally feeding them ACANA fish to add variety to their food. (ACANA is a product from same company as Orijen).

I see drastic weight gain in Kusky after feeding him Orijen. He gained about 700g after a month. He doesn't seem to be fat, but rather look bigger and more masculine. Kurimu gained weight as well, but not as much as Kusky. Kurimu turns to be longer and more masculine as well. On 4th August 2013, these are their weight record:
Kusky=4.8kg
Kurimu=3.5kg

I strongly recommend Orijen to all cats owner. Although Orijen's crude protein may not be as high as EVO (Orijen's=42%; EVO's=50%) and it's more pricy than EVO, I strongly believe its' quality and the goodness that it brings to my cats. In fact, Orijen was the leading brand in the world and won 'Pet Food of The Year' for 3 consecutive years. 

Find more from Orijen official website: http://www.orijen.ca/cat-food/ 

3 comments:

  1. Always decide to find high protein + free grain food for cats.it's so important for cats to get a proper diet . Thank you for this nice information.
    Cat Food

    ReplyDelete
  2. can you please highlight the best combination of ingredients which is good for new born kittens.What should I feed my new kittens?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liama Jhons, as far as I know, for kittens they needs high protein and high in fat. However I am not sure how old your kitten is at the moment. I am sharing a few weblinks and perhaps it serves to be a good reference to you. :)

    http://pets.webmd.com/cats/guide/feeding-your-kitten-food-and-treats
    http://www.catster.com/kittens/kitten-feeding-tips

    ReplyDelete