Wednesday 22 January 2014

Declawing Cat - An Inhumane Act

It's always cat owners' nightmare to have cat that loves to scratch on the sofa, curtains and other households. The same things happen to me: I have a leather sofa being scratched and bitten by either one of them (or may be both of them, I am not sure as I couldn't tell as it happened over night) and the leather headboard of my bed full with scratches done by Kusky. 

How do I react? Well, nothing much I could do after damages are done. I don't punish them as things always happen way before I spotted or noticed it. I never had a chance to caught them on action. 

To find solution to this re-occurrence scratching problem, I Google and managed to come across few articles about declawing cats. Most articles mentioned declawing cats will take away their joy of scratching, climbing and even of self-defense. That's already cruel. The worst thing about declawing a cat is actually removing part of its toe bones (the last bone of its toe)! It's a long and painful journey for recovering from the surgery. Some cat oweners reported their cats' personality change after being declawed. Some other wort case scenario: cats are not able to fully recover from the surgery due to serious infection or other unforeseen circumstances that occur during the surgery. Cats may become handicap and couldn't walk again if the surgery fails.

Human is so selfish. In order to protect their belongings, they rather put the cats through such mental and painful process.

If you love your cats, please don't declaw them!

Following is a video of Paw Project from a women to reveal the inhumane act of declawing cats.
http://sulia.com/channel/cats/f/27f09d09-dba9-4091-a218-532b17d13926/



Declawing cat is similar to chopping the first human finger bone. Will you do this to your cat just to protect your sofa from being scratched?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment